Friday, June 13, 2008

We Never Change

2 days to go before I head off to Calcutta for a new life, in a new place, with new people. and I'm here, living it up at the Allahabad Bank branch, waiting for my loan sanction. The odd call/sms enlivens the mind from time to time, but nothing helps quite like what follows.

Sitting there haplessly, one couldn't help but overhear ambient conversations.
An eager voice starts the cult 'Deewar' dialogue, and apparently nobody notices. It starts off again, this time louder, and succeeds in reaching the rather flimsily 'edited' punchline. A real bad PJ it was, but still elicited the geedar-kutta laughter that I and my guild so pride ourselves with.
At that moment, I believed in the essential constancy of our being, transcending boundaries of position and time. To elaborate, if I'm a dog by nature, then by all probability and by His grace, no matter where I end up in life, the people I join, my tail shall find a way to flex itself doggy style. Comforting this thought is, when mortal transience seems to rule the mind.

No comments:

Cheers to South Park!

Q. - While people will always act within the bounds of human nature -- good people being good and bad people being bad, it takes religion to make good people bad.

A. - "Well, many religions also give people good reasons NOT to do bad things. And while people may do terrible things in the name of religion or via religion, they may have well still done them without the religion there -- it's just a justification provided for a choice already made."

-- Matt Stone & Trey Parker
(From South Park FAQ's)

Bet you didn't expect THIS from the ones who made Cartman and the gang! :)

Dilbert

Beatlemania!!!

Beatlemania!!!

BBC Sport | Football

BBC Sport | Formula 1